Re: IML: Floor pan compatibility

Hi Drake,  Sedans are basically the same car as four door hardtops.  The difference being in how the doors are designed to accept glass or sedan frames.  The body is identical with the exception of the upper post having been installed on sedans.  I went through three parts cars.  I highly recommend having a parts car if you have the space.  They are a great resource to have once you are trying to re-assemble your car and have forgotten how things go back together.  They pay for themselves in no time.

Richard Burgess
'60 Crown

Drake Rickertsen <ct_drakeula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Imperialists!

     My 1960 LeBaron has somewhat hit a bump in the road as far as my restoration project goes. I am looking to replace the floor pans on my Imperial as they are to far gone as far as repairing them. I did indeed find a seller that is recommended on this site who does have a floor pan for sale at an asking price of $1500. I suppose some would argue that this is a fair asking price but I have noticed restoration hardtop project cars are selling on Ebay anywhere from $800 to $2500 depending on condition. In all honesty I really hate to destroy an Imperial just for the floor pans but the Imperial parts vendors seem a little pricey compared to just buying an entire car on Ebay for parts. I am seriously considering purchasing a hardtop for parts but what I really need to know is this:

Q: Will the floor for a 1960 Imperial Hardtop interchange with a 1960 Imperial Sedan?

Regards,

Ct. Drakeula

----------------- http://www.imperialclub.com ----------------- This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the Administrators should be sent to iml.webmonster@xxxxxxxxx To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm