From: NY3UVL714@xxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 9:59 am
Subject: IML: Rumbling driveline vibration

Hello Imperialists,

I've got three questions for the group.

1.

my mechanic recently replaced 3 motor mounts to correct some on throttle/off throttle driveline lash in my midnight blue - 1993 sedan. After the new mounts were installed there was a noticeable  increase in engine

noise, vibration and harshness. Through the steering wheel I felt strong buzzing vibrations and could hear the engine working under throttle with a deep resonant sound.   My Imperial sounded and felt like an older panel/pickup truck.  My mechanic reinstalled the old mounts and has ordered a different type.

What went wrong?

2.

My car is a 1993 Imperial that came from the factory with a plain metal chrome pentastar hood ornament without the crystalline eagle insert, no anti-lock brakes and a 3.3 V-6  instead of the 3.8

I wasn't aware of Imperials equipped this way, none of my literature mentions this equipment level.

Please tell me more about my car.

3. How do I change my email address on the mailing list?

Big thanks,

Lawrence from San Francisco