IML: Re engine mounts

I'm not sure if this is applicable here but years ago I saw a neat trick in an Australian Chrysler Valiant, on the left hand engine mount of a V8 there was a short length of chain, it was bolted to the engine block under one of the mount bolts, the other end was bolted to the engine mount chassis bracket, when I asked the owner about it he said that under full throttle from a stand still it stopped the thrust of the engine block from tearing the rubber mount apart as it lifted up, he said it was on the car when he bought it new. Might be a fix for those mounts that keep pulling apart.

Tony, Oztralia
62 Coupe, (nearly finished and road ready)