Re: IML: mobile director

Bill, I saw that on ebay and found it fascinating.  Seemed to be me to be home made, I am also into Mopar musclecars and we always say "never say never", Chrysler would build what you wanted if you paid them to do it.  Many years ago I looked at a factory in-violet/plum crazy Town & Country loaded station wagon.  As far as MDO production figures, I have a copy of an Automobiles Magazine that did an article on our year Imperials and I believe it stated 176 in 1967 and around 56 in 1968.  I can double check and confirm the #'s if you want.

-----Original Message-----
From: Billimp68@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 3:51 pm
Subject: Re: IML: mobile director

Steve,

Years ago I was told by the owner of a 1967 Imperial Crown Coupe with the MDO that there were only 56 of these options manufactured during 1967.  Later I heard that there were only 10 made in 1968.  Though I take both of these answers with a grain of salt, still find them interesting.

Not too long ago there was a 1968 Imperial convertible for sale on E Bay that had the MDO option, the question, was it made by the factory or added by a previous owner?

Take care,

Bill/Imp, 68's

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.