From: dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 1:17 am
Subject: Re: IML: Imperial 'Muscle'...??

Hi All!....some time back there were a few emails passd back-and-forth about the
0-60 and 1/4 mile times for our not-so-speedy Imperials. I can't seem to find
those emails and would appreciate it if anyone who has those times (with the
year Imperial that did them) I'd appreciate you emailing me a copy for my
records.
I know our 3-ton IMperials wre certainly no match for the 440
Roadrunners/Crargers/GTX's /etc of those times but I do remember some members
saying that the 35-100mph times were not alll that bad! (guess once you got that
6000lbs rolling the 440 did the rest!).
With all the current talk about the high dollars the "Muscle Cars' of the
60-70's are bringing in todays marketplace I often tell people who ask about the
car that since it has a 440 engine and about 360HP I guess it might be
considered a "LUXURY" muscle car!!! If our IML member ever does get his Imperial
to hit the 200MPH  barrier I guess  (maybe!) we'll get a bit more 'respect'!!!
Anyway, if anyone has, and can email me those statistics (preferrably for my
1966) I'd be very grateful (dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx).
...If these stats are somewhere on the website (which is surely a possibility
given the SIZE of the iML site) please give me a hit as to WHERE!
Thanks a bunch!!
Dan Melnik