From: smoorehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 9:38 pm
Subject: IML: Waking a sleeping Imperial

I am very excited about my new imperial and I have been tinkering with it every chance I get.  Ive driven it twice now and I just replaced the carrier assembly,  I had the unplesant experiance of it coming apart on my first drive.  while I was at it I was going to replace the speedometer cable because the other thing I noticed was not speedo the first time but I had my wife follwing me just in case of truble. Well I was not excited about trying to disconect the cable from the instrement panel if anyone has tryed to do this on a 66 imperial  it is less than ideal.   so I disconected the spedo cable from the trans and hooked my cordless drill to it and at first I thought it was not working I had my wife watching the dash and then I reversed the drill and then switched back and whala it works I guss that it stuck and I jarred it loose but now it functions great and with no jurking also while I was looking under the dash contimplating the spedo cable I found out why the automatic parking brake release wasent working the vacume hose was pulled loose I found the nipple at the base of the column and pluged it in and when I put it in reverse it works its so cool now I have to get the head light switch out and fix it because I have no dash lights all the lights work but when you pull the switch no dash lights.   does any one know an easy way to do this ?   as far as I can tell you have to take a lot off to get to it any help sugestions would be appreciated.          Sonny Moorehouse