Re: IML: Cast Iron Transmission - thru 1961

Re: IML: Cast Iron Transmission - thru 1961

Aluminum TF transmissions showed up in 1962 with a
drum parking brake still fitted at the rear for the
driveshaft.

1963 saw deletion of that brake, as 1963 was the first
year of the "superior" Bendix brake system that
allowed for rear-wheel activated parking brakes making
1962 a 1-year only item.

-K

Kenyon Wills