From: TomC
Subject: RE: IML: 1967 440 and trans {big valve heads}
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:21:53 -0800

Hello All,

It is true that the 915 heads do not have the best valve size and port areas. However, and this is a big however, it has been discovered over the years that detonation is not only a factor of compression ratio, but also something called the quench area. And the 915 heads have one of the best quench areas of big block heads, due to their closed chamber design.  Please see the articles linked below.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/mopp_060800_mopar_max_wedge_cylinder_heads/factory_parts.html

http://www.moparts.com/Tech/Archive/motor/15.html

If anyone would like to trade their 915?s for open chamber heads, I would be happy to acquire them.

Tom