Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Sagging Imperial Rear Ends

Hi To All;    My 62 Got It's Suspension Rebuilt 3 Years Ago. The Suspension System Was Well Worn (Out). Including the Dragin' Wagon Rear End -Which Was About 2 Inches Low.  To Get My Imp Back to Drivable I Had the Following Put On - All New Bushing in the Front End, New Tie Rod Ends, Kyb Shocks All Around, and Got the Springs on the Back Rebuilt.  The Problem With the Imperials Springs is That They are Longer Than Smaller Sized Mopars.  The Shop Kept the Old Main Leafs In Because They are So Long.  I Had Them Put 2 Extra Leafs Put In And Replace the Rest.  It Now Handles Very, Very Nice Now !   Yes, Stiffer Too. It's About 1 1/2 Inches Higher in Back But I'll Live With It. A Set Of 235 X 75 - 15  Kelley Springfield Radial Tires Finished Off This Part Of My Imp. Project  It Was Good Money Spent And It Was Very Worth It.  It Had 52,000 Miles On It When I Started This Part Of Rebuilding It.

Dave V.B.
62 Custom
Trenton Engine Plant (Retired)
Your Imperial, My Engine