IML: 1969 air cleaner question

Shortly after I purchased my 69 Coupe in 2003 I removed the factory air cleaner and put one of the chrome units on. The recent talk about the TNT package and "pie tin lid" caused me to think about the original air cleaner sitting on a shelf in my garage. I took a look at it this morning after about 4 years. It has the single snorkle with the flared end which I believe is correct and has a badly worn "pie tin lid which at one point said Imperial and Chrysler Corporation. The air cleaner housing is painted silver matching the pie tin lid. Is this silver color correct.

Also, immediately after I purchased the car I purchased on e-bay a new flat Imperial "pie tin lid" which appears to be correct except for the fact that it is flat and not form fitting to the top of the air cleaner. Does anyone know if these are original lids which were simple not pressed or an after market repoduction. Either way it looks really good and I am thinking about refinishing the original air cleaner and trying to make the flat "pie tin lid" fit and putting them back on the car.

Thanks

Fred Joslin