Re: IML: My lucky day...

Pete,

    I am sure other member's are more fluent than I concerning this matter.....

...........but pre-1955 Chrysler had no real pyramid of marketingand the marketing tended to be confusing:  the Newport merely referred to a two door no post car......therefore a Imperial Newport was an Imperial that was two door no post:  same confusion surrounds a Southampton.....the T & C as an 'open' two door and thus earned the moniker 'Newport' as well....the badging of 'Imperial' on those pillars -without pics- I think is a reference to its luxury features of the car by the owner and is quite possibly an add on....

Jack