Re: IML: Imperial Club

Hi and good afternoon,  please include me on your email lists for any Imperial Event in California.  I live 35 miles east of Los Angeles in San Dimas, just a couple of miles from the famous Pomona Swap Meet.  I am new to Imperials, I have a 62 Crown 4 door Southampton that needs some work.  Body and powertrain is
in great shape.  I am committed with activities in Late April this year, but later this year or early next year I do want to get involved.  My 13 year old nephew Christopher  "Kip"  is a natural born mechanic, who I have shared Imperial tech information with,  Thank you all for sharing you knowledge on the fabulous
and distinctive cars.

My nephew plans to own and drive the Imperial in 2062 when she has her 100th birthday.

Frank

Henry Hopkins <hhrp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

03/07/2008 11:11 AM
Please respond to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cc
Subject
Re: IML: Imperial Club

Okay, but what about the regional clubs for Imperial.  We have two in
CA, North and South, and we gather yearly for a statewide meet, this
year in Bakersfield, 4/24 to 4/27.  Usually we have around 40 plus cars
and have a great time together.  I do wonder if all of the CA IMLers
show up with their cars at club events and at the Statewide Meet.  Seems
to me there might be a disconnect between participating on the computer
and participating in events with our cars.  Aren't there more than 40
Imperial owners in California who might show off their cars? Or are
Imperials really that rare????  And what about other states and club
gatherings?  Where are the IMperials???

My two cents

Henry Hopkins, '60

-----------------  http://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------