IML: Rare 1951 Imperial Club Coupe

Hi Folks,

A rare 1951 Chrysler Imperial Club Coupe recently showed up on eBay (item number 220207831464).  The auction ended on Saturday, but the car did not meet the reserve.  Turns out this car is located about an hour from where I live, so Nicole and I went for a little road trip.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1951/ClubCoupe/

It was pretty cold out, so the pictures may be blurry as my hands were not steady.

The current owner said he bought the car for a hot rod project, but once he found out how rare it was, he decided it was too nice and complete to start cutting up.  I heartily agreed with him!

The pictures pretty well tell the story.  The car appears to be almost totally complete, with relatively little rust.  I didn't give it an inspection underneath, but he said the frame was solid.  The hemi started right up, and although it needs some exhaust work, it ran well.

This is a rare model, and the only Club Coupe that I've ever seen in person.  The owner stated that he would like to get $5,800 for the car.

Hope someone saves this one!

Thanks!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

My Collection of Imperials
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1970 Imperial LeBaron
1971 Imperial LeBaron