82 Imp EFI won't start/run

Hi All,

I've been reading (and enjoying) the advise so far.

Last night I did a compression check and got 125-140 in all cylinders. So
basically the pistons are still in one piece. No need to replace the motor
(yet).

I inspected the seals on the air cleaner lid and base. They seem to be
intact and tension is on them when assembled. (I didn't do a "smoke" test
for leaks yet).

I removed and cleaned the fuel nozzle(s), as it was so easy to do, and they
looked so bad (brown to black) They are definitely clean and flowing now.

Result = The car now fires easily, fairly smoothly, and dies. It is acting
just like it has a bad airflow sensor on a "normal" EFI system.

My next step in to run the car without the air cleaner lid and see what
happens (I ran out of daylight before I could do it last night).

Also, I was looking at my fuse box (power windows weren't working). I did
not notice any type of diagram to list what fuses go where. I did have at
least one fuse missing (power window) and I replaced it with a 30amp
(probably too high an amperage, but OK to check the circuit). Well BOTH
power windows work now, I'm afraid to think why the fuse was pulled. I'm
sure I'll find out soon enough.

My next questions is this: If I jump the wires to fool the computer to make
the engine run with the air cleaner lid off and it runs, does this mean that
the airflow meter is bad, or something else?

I'm really hoping to get this car actually running over this weekend, so
any/all help and advise will be taken.

Thanks again to all that have contributed so far.