water stains on 60 seats

Clay & All:

Sorry if this is a 'repeat', but for what it's worth,
here's what it says in the "1960 Imperial and Chrysler
Service Manual" regarding cleaning the fabric they
made...

According to the manual (under "Body & Sheet
Metal"/Body Maintainance, pg. 14; item 29), it says:
"CLEANING INTERIOR UPHOLSTRY (all models) - "Most
common stains can be removed with a dry cleaning
solvent, such as (warm) water containing one cup per
gallon of a laundry type detergent....  When using a
detergent, DO NOT USE ONE CONTAINING A BLEACH as this
could discolor the fabric...  General Instructions"
Use a piece of CLEAN cotton cheesecloth approximately
3"x3".  Squeze most of liquid from the fabric [I think
they mean the cheesecloth, here], and it is less
likely to leave a ring.  Wipe the soiled fabric very
lightly with a lifting motion.  Always work from the
OUTSIDE towards the CENTER of the spot.  Turn the
cheesecloth over as soon as one side becomes stained
to prevent working the stain matter back into the
cleaned portion of the fabric.  Use a new piece of
cheesecloth as soon as both sides become stained."

At the very least, the cheesecloth idea seems wise...
Good luck...!

Jim Byers
'60 Le Baron Southampton
Washington, DC