Please WELCOME A New Member, Chuck Lehman (1968)

Please WELCOME A New Member, Chuck Lehman (1968)

New Subscriber(s): Chuck Lehman
Email Address is: lehman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Oak Bluffs, MA

Car(s) owned: 1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown Convertible dark blue metallic w/
white top & black leather int. (orig. cream white with a tan interior), 440
CID V-8

Self-Introduction: I purchased this car in 95 and did a body restoration,
new top, tires, brakes incl. master & wheel cyl.& hydraulic lines,  dual
exhaust incl. exh. manifold gaskets & new carb.
This is a really nice driving car and I intend to keep it as long as I can
keep up with the difficult parts aquisition.  She's been the star of many
4th of July Parades on Martha's Vineyard often carrying war veterans and
other dignitaries.
Currently, none of the vacuum actuated controls work.  No dispursl of heat
to the dash, vents or the floor, no ac working.  6-way power seat works well
and the interior in generally in good cond.
Let me know if you would like to have a photo or this car e-mailed.
1. Looking for a good replacement radio (or a source to repair the existing
one).  Would prefer a more modern replacement to the radio that would not
require retrofitting or cutting the faceplate on the dash. Do you have a
source that would fit a modern stereo into the existing old radio case?
2. Also looking for a replacement window motor driver's side rear or a
source to rebuild the existing motor.
3. Would like to get a new "rear deck cover."  For a lack of a better name,
this black vinyl sheet is stretched across from the top of the rear seat to
the rear body cowl and serves as a dust protection for the inside of the
conv. top while it is down and while the top is up, serves as a rear deck.
4. Also could use a new parade boot for the top.
5. I had a difficult time securing a pair of rear brake drums for this car
and would like to replace the marginal used ones I obtained with new ones if
available.
6. Desperatly need new rear traction bar bushings and can't find a listing.
Any suggestions from club members would be appreciated.
As this is the only Chrysler I own, I have no spare parts to offer.
Thank you for anything you can offer for support.