67 AC controls repair -questions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Hopkins" <mhoppy@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Dick- have you or others had experience with Antique Air or any of the
other
> Hemmings vendors?
> I called them when my fan switch on the 66 wasn't functioning properly and
> they said they could rebuild.  My neighbor fixed it for me so I didn't
> pursue.  Is this an option as well as the new parts you mentioned?

Yes, of course, and I too have rebuilt many switches.  The unique problem on
the 67s is that the phenolic board to which the electrical contacts is
stakes is too thin and flexible, thus the board relaxes over the years in
such a way that it will fail again in a while if you simply do the normal
burnish and build up with solder repair that most folks do to repair them.
The replacement switch that I used is a much better design, and looks to me
like it will last forever in this application.  I don't know what the
situation is with the 66 switch - if the part number is the one I quoted, it
will be identical and therefore vulnerable in the same way.

I don't have any knowledge of outside vendors, except parts suppliers and
chrome shops, as I do all my own repair work (it's my conceit that I can do
it better - or if not better, at least cheaper!).

Dick Benjamin