Lloyd Mayes 1933-2003

I recently listed a 1963 Imperial Crown convertible for sale in the IML classifieds, on behalf of one of my best friends, Lloyd Mayes.  Lloyd was best known for his collection and knowledge of 1941-1950 Chrysler Town & Countrys.  He owned and/or restored most of the rarest of these cars including all the 8 cylinder sedans known to exist, the one off 1946 roadster, the one off 2 door Brogham, and the famous Wallace car.  He died suddenly & unexpectedly in his sleep this past Thursday, Feb. 6.  I normally wouldn't post this sort of message to the list, but I know many people on this list all over the country had met Lloyd at various shows & meets, and were impressed with the quality of his cars, his incredible knowledge of the cars, and his joy of sharing these treasures.  Not only can I say he was my friend, but the entire old car hobby has lost one of it's most ardent supporters.
                                                             Bill B.