Wood grain name/additional info

Hello all;
 The woodgraining on the dashes of 1940's cars was never painted by hand, though I have seen many botched home brew attempts in their place. The material used was definately some type of tranferable decal, and from everything I have read, it was made by Di-Noc Chemical Arts. Di-Noc was also used on old radios, the exteriors of some station wagons, and even juke boxes, but it is certainly not like Mac-Tac vinyl in that it doesn't peal off and wares like paint.
 Apparently these type of wood grain decals are making a come back as an after market product for modern cars, as I did find several companies selling them. The trouble is that most of them appeared to be marketed for doing accent pieces on the dash so the amount of material in each kit was likely small. The Di-Noc decals are made by 3M today but I haven't found out where you can buy sheets of it yet. I will send a link later to one of the afformentioned companies. I will keep looking for a source of this, perhaps in Hemmings?
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and Other Trim Parts.
 P.S I like the idea of hand grained dashes as well but that is a process more often used with the earlier cars (I.E 1920s) when labour was cheap and hand craftsmanship still existed in industry. If you go from one 40's car to another of the same make and year you will find that they had identical wood grain patterns, impossible to do by hand.