Imperial as a test bed

> Except that the Budd brakes were first offered in 1966 on the Plymouth Fury,
> Dodge Polara/Monaco and Chrysler.

Can't comment on supplier, but Imperials used disc brakes (non-floating
caliper) in the mid-50s.

On the subject of brakes, they also were first with 4-wheel ABS in '71. (I have
them on my '73)

On the subject of '73 Imperials, I recently found out that Chrysler built one
AWD Imperial in '73 (although this was preceded by a '70 AWD Polara tested by
police departments).

BTW, the same source who told me of the AWD Imperial also said that EFI was
"supposed" to be out for '76, with the introduction of the new F-body.

Carmine F.