73 headlight door motor???

In a message dated 3/24/2004 10:15:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, jsadowski@xxxxxxx writes:

Are you sure its the motor &not the relay? After buying an NOS motor for my 69, I discovered the relay was causing the erratic operation.
John

I've checked the power which seems to be correct with reversing polarity, so I am assuming the motor is the problem.  It works in one direction, but not the other.

BTW, exactly where was the relay on your 69, my 69 is also giving headlamp door problems.  On that car, I believe the relay is the problem.  Were you able to clean/fix the relay, or did you have to replace it?

Thanks,
John