Prop Style Rear Bumper

Hello All,
You must remember that Mr. Engle was a product of the 1940s styling evolution. It was considered de rigeur to copy airplane elements to auto design. Look at the windsplits, bomb sights, and the tail fin. All of these elements originated in airplane design. Some claim the compound curved windshield was of this train of thought. So, is it any wonder that the 64 had many elements that harked back to 30s and 40s airplane design? Have you ever noticed the biplane front bumper? I believe he was trying to combine "retro elements" with the Continental look. As an owner of a 64 Crown, I would say that he succeeded admirably. To this day, the uninformed ask if my Imperial is a Continental. Just some thoughts.
                                                                      Allan from Billings, Montana