68 wire connector

>My question is how do I get the wires out of the plastic connector so I can put the new wires back in the plastic >connector.

Typically a new switch does not come with a new plastic connector.  You just pull the old switch off and plug the new one in.  If yours is melted and you are getting a new one you will also need to get some new pins to replace the ones in the melted section.  If you just plug the same heat damaged ends in you will melt the switch again (you can also add headlight relays to lessen the load on the switch)

Hmmm..  All that and I didn’t answer your question…  The wires are typically held in by a metal tab on the connector.  You push the metal tab back in and pull the wire out.  I have a very small spring hook that works well for this.  Once you get the wire out bend the locking tab back out again and put the wire in the new connector.  Do them one at a time so you don’t forget which one goes where (been there done that).

                        Steve B.