RE: Spam Alert: Re: IML: Dads 82 Antenna trouble

RE: Spam Alert: Re: IML: Dads 82 Antenna trouble

Lawrence R Noska
lnoska@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hauser, ID 83854
Dennis

The check for the license plate holder is in the mail.

My plan was to replace the antenna and repair the original, and then I would
have a spare. Things don't always work out like we plan.

The original antenna is in a tube, secured with points pressed in the tube
to hold the parts in the tube.  I thought I could drill out the points (only
the points) and remove the parts.  Once I got the parts out of the tube I
could figure out a way to repair the antenna.  Do you have some thoughts on
the project?  Or some pictures you could e-mail me.

The old antenna motor assembly has some contacts on the motor gear assembly.
It appears that the gear assembly moves up or down when the antenna is at
the top or bottom of its travel.  The armature moves up when the antenna is
at the top and down when it is at the bottom of its travel.  There is a
white wire that does something; I think it is the signal wire to the
controller.

I am going to disassemble the old antenna next week, any help you could give
me would be appreciated.

 I have already spent too much time on the car this week.  I have an
apartment building to get ready for painting and a fence to build. I bought
a 4-unit apartment building 6 years ago it keeps me going, and has been a
good investment.

Since I retired November of 2000 I don't know where the time goes!!

 And it is time to get the boat out; fishing season is about to start.

Thanks for all your help.

Lawrence R Noska
lnoska@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hauser, ID 83854