those 67 in stripes

Pin stripes:

Everyone to their own opinion, but I think the stripes on the 1967 & 1968 Imperials add a lot to the appearance of these cars.  Though the size of the stripes may be the same, they are not in the same location on the sides of the cars, the 68 stripes are much higher than the 67's.  It would be my guess that most 67 and 68 Imperials had stripes, at least I have never seen one that was without them.  During the past several years I have had five of these cars refurbished, and each one of them received a fresh coat of paint.   This offered me the opportunity to see a beautiful paint job without the stripes, and the same paint job with them added, and they make a big difference in the cars appearance.

I also have a question concerning the concave area on the sides of 68's that are bordered with stainless trim.  Has anyone ever seen a 68 with this concave area painted in any other color than what the whole car is painted with?  The reason I ask, is that I have a 68 Imperial Ad that shows this area painted a different color.

Best Regards,

Bill/Imp, 68's