Re:regarding the honing and the rust..sigh

Re:regarding the honing and the rust..sigh

Regarding the rusty engine post, my point was not about what to do as much
as my opinion that its not a good practice to give that kind of advice when
its not good practice.  People read this and take it for gospel, so now lets
tell someone to put diet 7 up in their brake fluid  or drano in their
transmissions while we are at it!

Technically, the rings that are in the engine are already seated to those
cylinders and one really does not want to upset the apple cart in that
regard.  If I had to deal with this kind of situation, as long as the rust
was not SEVERE and the engine was not seized,  I would rather try and soak
the existing rust and clean what I could, and maybe even try some scotch
brite if I was really concerned but I would NOT go introducing the grit and
dust from honing into an engine.

Its a dice roll at best, like I said, and at best youre only postponing a
rebuild anyway.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe