A Mechanic 4 U! and Exhaust

On Sunday, Aug 22, 2004, at 14:39 US/Pacific, M Turner wrote:

> This is an unpaid advertisement!  Mike Veronesi of East Bridgewater MA
> has been working on my 1962 Imperial Custom Southampton for the last
> several weeks, replacing lower wheel bearings, cleaning & rebuilding
> the carburetor, bleeding the brakes and adjusting them.  Mike replaced
> nearly all hoses, corrected the elevation of the car and put new
> brackets on the torsion bars.  Mike also found an ace muffler shop
> that replaced the cherry bombs (Yes! cherry bombs) with nice dual
> exhausts.  He also showed me driveshaft problems to be corrected,
> because the rubber has vulcanized.  He will undertake that repair
> shortly.

It's always nice to find a good Imperial-friendly mechanic! I've found
a place like that in Tucson: Meyer's Garage on Grant Road. (No relation
to me).

And cherry bombs make great resonators! I had a dual exhaust put on my
'65 using those so-called "turbo" mufflers. Well, they were too loud
and they would set up a harmonic frequency that would drone and give
you a headache. I had a couple of big, long glass-packs added after the
mufflers, close to the tail pipe and that mellowed it out beautifully.
I love how this car sounds....