Kruse Auction, Auburn, Indiana

List,

I with three friends, attended the Kruse Auction at Auburn, Indiana Saturday.
This is a large event, in fact, it is the second largest event held in Indiana each year, the first being the 500 Mile Race.  This event lasts for seven days, with the auction rings going from early in the morning until late at night.  The cars move through the two rings quickly, most have reserves, but many have the reserves lifted as the owners want the cars sold.  This event is huge, and it takes a lot of effort and stamina to cover it all, but for most people it would be impossible.  At this event you see mostly cars that have been restored, and I am always amazed at the quality of the workmanship, as many examples are flawless.  Due to getting worn out, I did not get to see everything, but did see two Imperials, a 1950 Limo and a 68 Lebaron.  The 50 was an excellent car, but the 68 LeBaron left much to be desired.  This car had a gray paint job, with a mixture of what I would call mud, not too bad from a distance, but ugly up close.  This car had a set of the new chrome wheel covers, plus a revised rear window, partialy blocked out with two small circles and an Imperial Eagle.  This car, if left alone, would not have been too bad, but the customized effort showed little taste.  It seemed to me that cars offered for sale at both the auction and car corral had high asking prices, much higher than last year.  If you have never been to this event, you should make plans to go, as it is one of the highlights of the year concerning old cars.

Bill/Imp, 68's