IML: '66 Coupe door panel trim removal

Hi, folks --

I took a good look at my door panel, preparing to remove the wood for
refinishing.  The chrome trim around the wood appears to be fastened to the
fiberboard support by pressing brads on the back of the trim through the
fiberboard and bending them at a 90 degree angle to keep the trim in place.

Some of those brads are rusty, and I fear they may not survive being
straightened and bent a second time upon reinstallation.

Should I leave well enough alone and restore the wood and chrome in place?

Thanks,

David