Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2004 8:23 AM
Subject: IML: Selling Imperials

As most of you probably know, I am advertising Lucille (my '68 Crown) on the club classifieds. We do seem to get quite a few idiots harvesting these ads, as I have received innumerable messages offering (in semi-english) cashiers checks and demanding instant responses. This AM, however, I got TWO messages from THIS particular idiot - one for the "beautiful 1968 Imperial", and the following, which is still causing hiccups and giggles:

hello  seller  ,
            l saw the advert in your website,and l will like to
purchase the lovely [Rabbits For Sale ]and l am highly interested in buying
the [Rabbits For Sale ] l will like to know the present condition of the
[  Rabbits For Sale ]and the last price of the Rabbits For Sale ,the
payment will be withdrawn from a bank in us,which is the payment will be
paid with a certified cashier check that will be from a bank.and my
reputable shipping company will handle the shipping arrangement
accordingly.
l will be looking forward to hear from you soon,
bset regards.
valentino.

This knucklehead must have so little English he relies on canned responses, and a list of car names that confirmed that Rabbits are (kind of) cars! I am noticing a marked similarity in syntax and the use of certain shortened slang terms which indicate that one person is writing scripts, probably selling them to any sap who wants to get into this "business" and can afford to acces internet cafe equipment.

As an aside, since receiving two bogus "checks" those two particular scammers have been silent. Maybe the club member who suggested leading themon and getting them to expend their resources on printing and costs was right, and this is the way to put them out of business!

To get back on topic, if anyone is interested in Lucille and wants an unbiased source to look at her, I have yet to meet even one of the local Puget Sound members - feel free to have anybody come out to look and drive!

Kate Justet Triplett
Kate's Custom Gunleather
Monroe, WA USA
Proud Mother of a Soldier