Re: IML: Achilles Heal - there's more than one

Re: IML: Achilles Heal - there's more than one

Actually, highly optioned 61, 62, & '63 Imperials have the same switch. This is because the normal position of the antenna switch on these cars is then occupied by a different accessory.

With regard to uneducated fingers, there are many other items in the early '60s Imperials that are damaged by them and other uneducated body parts. I have lost several rear interior door handles over the years. These were to passengers who insisted on yanking the door handle to open the door without unlocking the door first. My '60 & '62 LeBarons have power door locks, so I can beat them to the punch and unlock the doors prior to such attempts. My '60 Custom and '63 Crown are not so equipped and have been repeatedly subjected to this indignity. I have kept a good supply of extra handles in my stash for these instances. Also, the sharp broken stump is dangerous and can cut a passenger rather badly if the handle is not replaced promptly.

Paul