Re: IML: Great collection of Imperials for sale

Re: IML: Great collection of Imperials for sale

In a message dated 9/30/2004 2:45:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, dickb@xxxxxxxxx writes:
The number of people who will see a car auction are in the thousands â way more than you get exposure to by any other method of sale. I trust that fact to set the true market value â what a serious, well informed and honest buyer will pay is my definition of market value.

I think eBay is the best thing for the automotive collector since J.C.Taylor insurance!

Ok, back to my cage,

Dick Benjamin

I agree with Dick on this, I have followed many Imperial sales and even bought one on e-bay and they seem to, in most cases sell for what you might expect considering year, body style, and condition.  Several that I've seen had reserves that were unrealistic and consequently never sold (usually these were over hyped in the description).  As Dick said it is hard to find a larger audience.
Don Dickinson
Prospect, KY

1955 Imperial Newport, Canyon Tan and Desert Sand
1967 Imperial Custom Convertible, Ivory and Burgundy