Subject: IML: Brakes - Update (1963 Le Baron)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:59:12 -0700
From: "Brandt Daniels" <bdaniels@xxxxxxxxx>
I looked under the hood the 1/2" vacuum tube that was coming out of the =
bulkhead was disconnected when i got the car so I dont think that is =
what is causing the hard brakes and the hissing sound. Then I looked to =
where it came in the car and saw it went up into the dash and i couldnt =
see where it was going so i removed the gauge panel and i saw where it =
ended. no hissing coming out of there when i stomped on the brakes. then =
I found the end of another vacuum tube that wasnt connected to anything. =
then I looked in my original service manual and saw that there was some =
kind of vacuum nozles behind the tranny shifter buttons I saw it was for =
the parking brake, and thats never been connected as far as I know since =
ive owned the car. that still doesnt account for the hissing of the =
service brake coming from behind the guages.=20
    Unfortunatly when I went to go start the car after removing the =
guages the car wouldnt start and it was getting late and dark out. so i =
had to stop for the night. but anyway when i turned the key I got =
nothing. no clicking of the relay at all. the interior lights worked =
still. but the headlights werent shining at all. so now im confused as =
to why the car wont start. I kinda need the car to start before I can =
listen for the hissing sound of the power service brakes.

-Brandt
Lake Forest, CA
1963 Le Baron