Re: IML: Hub/Drum Puller

Jeff & List
Sometime ago I needed a puller and found a fellow over on the Forwardlook list who hand makes a very good & heavy duty puller. He made one for my '56 Crown and created additional parts for my '55 Crown(55-56 require a different arrangement). The tool is not chrome and polished, but it is very functional and will last forever. The puller is 'bolt pattern specific', as in it fits only the bolt pattern it is made for, in the Imperial case, that is 5 studs (or bolts) on 5 1/2" circle.
His name is Les Fairbanks at: lessure@xxxxxxxxxxx cost about $150.00
E-mail him and see if he can build one for you.
Hope this is of some help.
George ... 'with the soon to be beautiful '55 & '56 Crown Imperial Limousines' ...
JCantor791@xxxxxxx wrote:

Brake system work is at the top of my list for off season repairs on my '56. Obviously this will require having a proper hub/drum puller for the rear wheels and I'd like to buy one rather than borrow or rent so that I have it for future work. I've searched eBay and come up with a bunch of current auctions which appear to be for the correct tool but wanted to tap into the expert knowledge on the list.

Here are the item numbers:
2494277310
2493885020
2494258504