Re: IML: 57 Imperial in England

The worst problem that I find driving in UK with an older car is that people will drive very close in an attempt to identify the make of the car - and if they cannot see or just don't know where to look they can get too close. This seems to apply just as much if one is on the motorway at 70+ miles per hour or in the town at 20+!

By far the worst European country to drive in is Belgium in my experience (they say that their licence details are red for good reason) and in Belgium it is not mirrors that you need but a fortune teller and a good Bible.

Petrol prices in UK are astonishing, but more because we seem as a nation to be prepared to give our money to the government to waste than because of the price of oil. One saving factor is, however, that as the oil price rises by 30% we hardly notice any difference at the pumps (maybe 5%) due to the heavy tax load.

Happy motoring:-)

Ian