RE: IML: 68 Imp Mileage

Ed,
Congratulations on the acquisition.  The 68s are great cars.  Some day I hope to have a 68 convertible in my stable along side the Crown Coupe.  One of the members had a Military Blue, red leather interior, and white top convertible a few years ago.  If the money was there, the car would be here now.  Beautiful car!  Who knows, it may come up for sale again.

Your 68 ought to do better than 8 mpg on the highway even at 70 mph.  We don't know what your rear gear ratio is but I would suspect it isn't geared like a truck for pulling.  My 68 will do just under 17 mpg on the highway, cruising 70 and with the a/c blowing cold.  Seems you may have some tune up work to do.

Enjoy the car.  They are great automobiles!
Happy motoring

Dale
68 Crown Coupe
60 New Yorkers