IML: Latest Update: was Seller on IML classifieds

IML: Latest Update: was Seller on IML classifieds

I know some of the folks here wanted to be updated on my being stung by
Brandon Arnett on some parts I paid for, but never got.  Well, the Friday
deadline we gave the (insert your choice of derogatory adjective here) came
and went with nor refund or response.  It was a busy weekend, so we didn't
have time to fill out the mail fraud paperwork yet.  It was on tonight's
plan, but there was a surprise waiting for me when I got home today.

Sitting beside my side door, where our deliveries are usually left, was a
beat-up, and somewhat sad looking box sealed in duct tape.  Since I only
PayPaled this morning for the three diecast Barracudas I just ordered, I
wasn't expecting any packages.  Well, our little friend decided that it was
in his best interest to ship some parts.

After lugging the box into the house, and debating on taking pictures of the
sad box, I decided to rip it open.  It was like a "grab bag" full of
surprises just waiting to be opened.

A good portion of the parts I ordered were in there, but not everything.
Some things I didn't order were.  Some of the parts were not what I would
agree with his description of "really good."  They were just plain junk.
Some were damaged in shipping due to poor packing.

So right now I'm pondering my next step.  Part of me is thinking about
settling, and let it end.  That's probably just because I'm tired.  I'll
probably contact him at least one more time letting him know he shortchanged
me on a number of parts, and that I expect them as well.  I don't know if it
still counts as mail fraud at this point, but I think it might.  I'll get my
wife's opinion after she gets home from class tonight.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron