From: "douglas clement" <dougclem_dawnchem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "king dorque 2 II" <d2ii_rex@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 9:51 PM
Subject: Fw:HELP!! ALL-ORIGINAL '67 "POST"IMPERIAL SEDAN....

HELP !!! I just bought a '67 Haze Green (M1G Green Cloth/Vinyl) Imperial
"Post" Sedan with almost 13,000 original miles. I believe that it IS all
original, I'm still locating documentation, but I really don't care about
that when it's all said and done. I'm out of lust and into love with the my
"Haze Green Queen". About 2 months ago I had just sold my '67 Haze
Green(Black vinyl roof/M7G Green Cloth/Leather) Hardtop that I had owned
since 1983, and it was killing me. I stumbled across the "Queen"
accidentally while looking for winter storage for one of my other "Toys".

Here's my dilemma....I believe that the Haze Green paint is original.
(Although the hand-painted Forest Green double pinstripe is throwing me for
a loop.) The decklid still has an orange "Wallace for President" on the
paint. and the original dealers sticker. (That dealership is still in
business.) Needless to say, the paint is faded out, and as it was an older
gentleman's auto, it has the scrapes and dings in a few places. Amazingly
enough, the driver's side rear bumperette is creased, but both of the Eagle
lights up front are intact. The body has minor surface rust in most of the
obvious and "regular" areas. Rear corners of the hood, rear drip edge where
roof hits rear of drivers side of backlight. The rear quarter panels are
virgin and front fenders are likewise mint. The frame is absolutely solid.
Torque boxes are clean, clean, clean.

Do I leave as-is and just surface sand the surface rust and paint-patch the
rust areas? Leave the creases and dings alone but "paint-protected"?
Or do I bring it to a place that is considered by many people the best
Body/Paint shop in NE Ohio to have the exterior brought back to "As-New"
condition. The interior is absolutely "as-new" as the day it was driven out
of the dealers lot. Those mega-thick clear seat covers that are still on the
seats have ensured that. Does a proper re-paint hurt the value of the car?
Do I save the original Poly-Glas' tires that are on it?. I can't drive on
them, the sidewalls are all cracked. I'll put them away somewhere for
posterity.

Please help me out, I've never had a rare gem like this before, only in my
dreams.

Thanks,

Doug Clement, I.O.F (Imperial Owner Forever)