Re: IML: 64 and newer Window Motors

'65 motors have a metal exposed gear with a plastic shield that covers the grease. It has been a long time, but I think that the shield lifts off easily on those motors without having to pull the gear. I expect that '64 are the same, and probably '66 as well. I have had my mother's '68 apart and it has the plastic gear mentioned here. The broken plastic gear is why the window stopped working on her car. I expect that '67 is the same as '68. I can't remember how the gear and the grease cover on these models all goes together, but it sounds like it is easy to disassemble, clean, and repack with grease.

Paul