Re: IML: Transmission ID

Hello Jan & List
 The answer is fairly easy, ... if it has a cable from the shift buttons to the aluminum unit , it is 1962, 63, 64 ,65,... if it has a emergency brake unit on the tail shaft, it is a 1962,63, 64 (yes there is a exception here). If it is a cable from the buttons to the aluminum trans, with a 'adapter' to convert cable to linkage, ... it is 1966 and later (all the same for this discission). In any case it will be a aluminum unit from a later MoPar small block (318, 360 et al). Are you needing to rebuild??? or just want to know???
George ...'with the soon to be beautiful '55 limo'...

jharmonson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi

My 1955 sedan has a torqueflite 3 speed in it with the buttons in the lower dash. Unfortunately the guys that did it are long gone. It is an aluminimu case. How can I determine the year of the transmission?

Jan In Ojai, CA