IML: headlight door relay

Anyone installed a headlight relay on an Imperial with hidden headlights?
I installed a headlight relay which worked fine except the headlight doors stopped functioning. As soon as I reverted to the headlight switch(original install) the doors operated again. I can't really understand why that would be as the power source for the headlight door relay is the same(from headlight switch) and this same source is controlling the headlight relay which works fine. Could be that the resistances of the relay coils which are in series mean I am dropping too much voltage at the headlight door relay and it will not make contact. Have to measure the resistances and see what is happening. Tired of driving down the highway and having my headlights unexpectedly turn off from bad switch/circuit breaker. Don't need those kind of surprises.

Robin Giesbrecht
72 Imperial