IML: Imperial Crazy

Hello:

My wife wanted to know if I have let the club know of our recent endeavors. Well you know I have the 56 Imperial desert rose, and a 1990 Imperial triple black that I gave to my son and he loves. Recently however I purchased a few more cars. A 1967 Imperial convertible, blue with a white leather interior. A 1961 black Lebaron, and a 1961 coronado cream Imperial. I also acquired a few other cars of different makes. My two other makes are Nash Metropolitans. My wife fell in love with one when we saw it when we went to pickup one of the 61 Imperials. I cannot wait to go to a car show with an Imperial and a metropolitan side by side. For anyone that does not know, as I did not know. The Metropolitan is a very small car with vibrant colors. So the contrast with an Imperial would be awesome.

Now I am in the process of building a structure to house them. I am looking at a 34X80X16.

On another note I ran across a guy that derbies imperials. He had a 61 that he was stripping down. I purchased everything I could that was left and would come off that he did not need. In this case this 61 was far beyond restoring. Nevertheless he said he was going to get another 61 Imperial white Lebaron that he was going to derby next year. he said this one was in nice condition. Well I love the 56 and 61 Imperials so I asked him what he would take in exchange for the white 61, as the description of the condition makes it a car worth restoring. He told me a 64 to 66 Imperial in similar condition as they are actually the best derby cars. Oh well.

anthony and valerie lacaria
---