RE: IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Jara Georg Meger (1963)

RE: IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Jara Georg Meger (1963)

Hi to all IML members,
thank you for the warm welcome. Let me intrudce myself: I am 34 years old and live in Prague, Czech Republic (known for the original Budweiser and Dominik Hašek).
My wife and me love american cars (we already have a Buick Park Avenue for daily driving and a Jeep Cherokee for fishing trips) and are sometimes looking around for other cars, just for fun.
3 months ago, we found an Imperial (a .... what? Ah, some kind of a Chrysler...) for sale on the web and my wife liked the headlamps so much that we went to visit the used cars shop where he was for sale. At that time I would not have bet that it will be ours one day.
1 month of investigating the Imperial history and learning the imperialclub.com by heart we decided to give it a try, although we did not hear the engine running yet... At this point, I would like to thank Ray for the photographic support and argumentation!

Veteran and US car clubs here stated that the only Imperials that were registered in the Czech Republic were a 1959 and a 1971 (none of them has been seen for the last years on meetings or events)

The car history:
Its a 1963 4-door hardtop, VIN 9233 167530, black with red interior, A/C, tinted glass, first registration on July 15th, 1963. The papers say that the car was registered in Aalen, Germany on January 17th, 1991 (imported from USA) and exported to the Czech Republic on May 6th, 2003.

Does somebody have more information about this car?

See the pictures at www.megerfamily.net <http://www.megerfamily.net>  , I will keep them up to date and write the experiences there that I will surely collect by the time of restoring this great automobile.

Jara Georg Meger
jara.meger@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.eoutlook.cz

<<winmail.dat>>