From: jsadowski
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: IML: passenger door

There was someone reproducing that check arm piece. Haven't seen them advertised for some time though. I would remove the remaining piece before you do further damage or someone is injured. I'm betting the star wheel problem is the inner mechanism is all gummed up.I had a 64 that the drivers door had this problem & either refused to shut or would fly open while driving. I finally discovered the works were full of rust & crud. Once freed up, no further problem.You may be able to do this by spraying something such as WD-40 or a penetrate & work the handles & lock till it frees up. If this doesn't work. You will need to remove the inner door panel to get inside to give things a good cleaning. The penetrate & an old toothbrush work well here. I've owned 4 63's & have had lots of practice with doors & windows. They are relatively easy compared to 64-66 Imperials.
John