Re: IML: Forward-Look Parade of Cars (late 1954)

Re: IML: Forward-Look Parade of Cars (late 1954)

Title: Re: IML: Forward-Look Parade of Cars (late 1954)
I also have an original set of these cards, still in their envelope addressed to a little girl in greater Detroit. Obviously Chrysler knew how to get to parents... through their kids!

I imagine how much fun it must have been to go downtown to the big Hudson's store for the giant parade! (The store was sadly demolished a few years ago, but it put up a fight by taking down a segment of Detroit's elevated "People Mover" urban runabout train, putting the whole loop out of service for a year, as well as creating a smoldering pile of rubble several stories underground that they could only leave to let burn out, which also took several months. Kinda like an Imperial in a cursed demo derby, I guess.)

I know these cards would have been a treasure to me had I been around (much less in Detroit) for Christmas 1954, and I always enjoy looking at them and remembering the stories the little girl (now in her 60s) told me when I bought them from her.

Nice to know I don't have the only set! (Figures it would be dear Roger!)

--
Chris in LA
67 Crown