Re: IML: The old oil argument

Here's my nickel's worth: I have used 10-40 in all my older cars the past twenty or so years, 5-30 is specified for our new vehicles though so that's what I use in those. The only oil-related problem I had was dirty oil in a 61 Lancer I had sold to a friend. Oil changes seem to be the most important preventative one can do. I'm still changing the oil frequently in the Crown as it gets dirty terribly fast. It is progressively running better and cleaner. The temperature swings here in Wisconsin are pretty wide, so I like the multi-vis for cold weather start-ups. I try and get the old cars out frequently year round (provided the roads aren't knee-deep in salt!). Alex-63 Crown