RE: IML: The old oil argument/just a few comments

Quoting Rob P <fristpenny@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>D2, my '70 is a "Super Commando" so it has a windage tray and deeper pan and
> holds an extra quart.  You might want to consider a new pan and pick-up if
> the small volume of oil concerns you.
>
> Rob

Rob, since I cannot drive my car hard for more than a few minutes at a time, at
the most, this does not concern me.  In fact, its probably good as it helps the
oil get hot enough and get rid of the mositure.  THe synthetic oils can take the
heat.  If I was in Europe and could drive at over 100-120 for a good period of
time, I would installl an oil temp gage and possibly an oil cooler.  The
windage tray is a good idea though, but I may have to remove the engine to
install one.

D^2