RE: IML: Imperial on EBAY-asterisk

The asterisk is between the ODO and MI letters.   This car should have a
sticker on the driver's door latch post (B post) telling when and why the
dash cluster was changed out, and the mileage when it was done.  You might
also find another copy of the sticker inside the glove box lid, or under the
hood, I've seen them in all 3 places.   Of course these peel off easily, and
if the car has been repainted, it's probably long gone.

The headlights should be closed (unless the lights were on when the key was
turned off).  The antenna should be all the way up if the radio is on and
the key is on, or all the way down if the radio OR the key is off - it
should not be half way up.

If you are interested in the car, ask for a closeup picture of the area at
the rear edge, lower corner of each rear side window, and also of the area
above the license plate, looking up at the underside of the plate recess.
Both of these areas are notorious rust locations.

 You can also ask if the Cartier Crystals are still present on the "B"
pillars - I can't see enough detail in these pictures.

I agree, it's a nice looking car, and the paint might clean up pretty well
in the hands of a skilled detailer.

Dick Benjamin