Re: IML: Rebuilding Budd Calipers

Hi Tom---With the plastic tube you slightly compress the seal  and insert it in straight line with the bore ---the lips are comressed and will go in straight---Mike Popp ---Piston and seal go into plastic tube from same side they exit so lips have no interferance goint into tube or exiting into caliper bore ---tube must be held firmly against the bore  ----- Original Message -----
From: TomChoice
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 11:04 AM
Subject: RE: IML: Rebuilding Budd Calipers

Mike,

Correct me if I am wrong, but on the Corvette Calipers, the seals live in the bore, not on the piston. On these budds, the seal lives on the piston and has to be inserted into the bore with the seal slightly compressed. In addition the piston has a shaft at the bottom that has to slide into a mating bore at the bottom of the caliper, so it is not possible to install the piston on an angle and work the seal in.

Tom