Re: IML: '60 in Germany, More than meets the eye!!!!

Re: IML: '60 in Germany, More than meets the eye!!!!

My curiosity finally got the best of me. I sent an email asking for the VIN for this car. It will be interesting to see what comes back. It is possible that it is a LeBaron that had the back window insert removed instead of repaired. To repair these correctly is a nightmare. Some one might have believed it to be easier to remove the insert and install the large window, but I kind of doubt it.

It is also possible that it is a Crown that was refurbished from a LeBaron parts car, as has been suggested already here. When cars get old people do all sorts of things to try to "put them back together", or as they say, make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

In some of the notes I have seen the word "documented" used in reference to our very own IML CroBaron and LeCrown examples. Since are back on this topic, I decided to ask if the documentation is supporting that these cars were made this way at the factory, or is it supporting that they were modified by the dealer?

I seem to remember that the LeCrown was a Washington D.C. dealer creation. I don't recall, though, the reasoning behind the installation of the Crown leather interior in the CroBaron since leather interiors were available on LeBarons (both Sedans and Southampton Hardtops if ordered) with all the proper scripting and trim details in place. Just wondering...

Paul